Topic Options
#3224 - 02/06/05 02:47 PM New Product Idea for PSP
Kent Iverson Offline

Loc: Paris, France
O.K. In reality, this isn't a new product by any means. I do think that this product category could benefit from the PSP Audioware touch though.

How about a plug-in (or suite of plug-ins) that handle time-compression/expansion as well as pitch-shifting and tuning? It would be best, in my estimation, to have one plug-in that does is all and has a simple interface. A plug-in that does everything that Auto-tune, Pitch 'N' Time, Soundtoys do; with a simple interface (unlike Pitch 'N' Time, yet more like Speed) and then add the PSP twist on it...

#3225 - 05/30/05 11:08 AM Re: New Product Idea for PSP
Wojtek Marzec Offline

Loc: Warsaw
Maybe basing it all on a phase-locked vocoder would simplify the thing... (seen on http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html, it takes a while getting into fft-examples and learning how this all works).
PureData is a programming environment written in C++ that allows constructing simple real-time pitch-time-converters (but not as plugins).
The fft core of that may seem promising to psp's... :rolleyes:

#3226 - 05/30/05 07:54 PM Re: New Product Idea for PSP
Mateusz Wozniak PSP Offline

Hi,

Although the idea is cool and there are not many plug-ins of this kind providing real quality processing we have currently very little expearience with time stretching so I think that we are not able to start such a project.

Thanks for the idea Kent and your comment Wojtek.

Regards,